Saturday, December 27, 2008

Resolutions

Well, with Christmas behind us and one more night of Hanukkah to go, I can start to focus on the new year. I have a few resolutions that I would like to share with you all.

But first, I want to acknowledge the Hanukkah miracle of oil being $39 a barrel.

Now, let's move on to the resolutions:


I will try to curse less in 2009.


I will also try to cut back on my calls to poison control and 911. (I still think that dead deer did qualify as an emergency...)


I will try to be more courteous of my fellow swimmers (bullshit).

I will also try to spend less $$$.

That last one is a big one.
I am NOT going to try to be nicer to people. If I were nicer, I would just get walked all over. And honestly, I am not even going to say that I resolve to lose weight, 'cause that has been my big ticket item every year for new years resolutions, and it seems to be a tricky one to follow through with.

So, that being said, out with 2008, in with 2009.
Hopefully 2009 will be a big year for all of us. I hope that we all find happiness, health and something to make us laugh out loud at least once a day. I really mean it... I hope that we can all laugh out loud at least one time a day every day for all the days of 2009.

As for the reality of next year, on Monday I have to get the kids registered at their day camp. They will be going to a new day camp this year that offers busing.

This past summer, that sounded so appealing. But the other night I sat straight up in bed in a panic attack that I cannot let my kids go on a bus to camp!!! Ellie is not even in a booster seat yet, and Adam would probably freak that first day when he and Ellie had to get separated from each other once they got off the bus. I had an image of Adam crying hysterically and Ellie just being taken away to her group not seeming to give a shit. But Adam would be devastated. Then I could see the camp calling me every day to come get Adam.


I was going to call the camp on Monday and inform them that I will be driving the kids to camp, but when I told this to my mother, she told me that I am the one that is going to have separation anxiety, not my kids, and that Adam will probably be the happiest kid in the world knowing that he is going to be playing sports 6 hours a day every day. And she reminded me that clearly they would not offer bus transportation if they could not provide the adequate safety seats for 4 year olds.

I told her she was right, (but my fingers were crossed) and on Monday I am still going to call the camp, but I am going to offer to drive the bus. I am pretty sure Adam would LOVE that... all the other kids would be allowed to watch their DVD players and goof around, but I would make him and Ellie sit behind me and I would make them play "I spy", learn how to speak basic French and force them to eat their breakfast on the bus (banana and Grape Nuts for lots of energy).

No doubt that if the camp allows me to be the bus driver for our route, Adam and Ellie will not have ONE friend in camp. And honestly, even if they do NOT allow me to be the bus driver, I'd just be following the bus every day, so really what is the point of having them be on the bus and not in my car.


See how difficult this decision is??!?!??!?!??!
Looks like I may need my therapist to weigh in on this one. Am I really that much of a wimp???

Anyway, I am off to bed. Both kids are passed out, and I am getting up early tomorrow to do you-know-what.


Ciao, ciao.

For now.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment